40 books in 2010! 20 books in 2011! How many in 2012?
Finishing the last page of a nice book is so much rewarding, so I thought to read more since January 2010 instead of wasting my time in front of the PC or TV. I read whatever I think might be interesting. Fiction or Nonfiction. Each book opens a new horizon. With the books you can travel around the world. ..... I just want to do something useful for myself.
I read English and German language. The ranking is from 1 (=very bad) through 10 (=excellent).

Sunday, May 2, 2010

17th book - "Frühstück bei Tiffany" - Truman Capote - 8 points

Truman Capote's (1924 - 1984) "Breakfast at Tiffany's" - the famous movie with Audrey Hepburn.
Another book of a "Bad Girl", called Holly Golightly who escapes Texas to go to New York City. The story is set in the 1940's. Holly is a party girl and likes to be around rich guys, but actually falls in a love (?) with her neighbor a poor writer.
The story happens in the Upper East Side neighborhood, where I live now.
I read the Lizensausgabe für die Süddeutsche Zeitung / Bibliothek 2007. Originally published 1950.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers