40 books in 2010! 20 books in 2011! How many in 2012?
Finishing the last page of a nice book is so much rewarding, so I thought to read more since January 2010 instead of wasting my time in front of the PC or TV. I read whatever I think might be interesting. Fiction or Nonfiction. Each book opens a new horizon. With the books you can travel around the world. ..... I just want to do something useful for myself.
I read English and German language. The ranking is from 1 (=very bad) through 10 (=excellent).

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

8th book - "Budapest" - Chico Buarque - 9 points

A Brazilian author "Francisco Buarque de Hollanda" (*1944) and one of the most popular Brazilian singers. Just 200 pages which you can fly over in less than 5 hours. The style of writing is so amazing. Wish I would be able to write like him. The story is about a crazy ghost writer and takes place in Rio de Janeiro and Budapest. I read this book in German language.
First published: 2003 in Portuguese language "Budapeste" - I read the 2010 paperback edition from the Fischer Taschenbuch Verlag (Germany) - ISBN 978-3-596-16482-0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers