40 books in 2010! 20 books in 2011! How many in 2012?
Finishing the last page of a nice book is so much rewarding, so I thought to read more since January 2010 instead of wasting my time in front of the PC or TV. I read whatever I think might be interesting. Fiction or Nonfiction. Each book opens a new horizon. With the books you can travel around the world. ..... I just want to do something useful for myself.
I read English and German language. The ranking is from 1 (=very bad) through 10 (=excellent).

Monday, February 1, 2010

7th book - "Wandering Star" - J.M.G. Le Clezio - 6 points

Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clezio (*1940) was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2008. He is French (& Mauritian) and lives with his wife in Albuquerque in New Mexico - USA, the island of Mauritius and Nice in France. --- The story is about 2 teenager girls, one Jewish and one Palestinian. It plays during and after WWII and gives you historical information about the founding of the State of Israel which is really interesting and of high value. It is sensitively written, but somehow I never felt to be involved in the story.
First published: 1992 in French language "Etoile errante" - I read the 2009 paperback edition from the Curbstone press (USA) - ISBN 978-193189656-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive