40 books in 2010! 20 books in 2011! How many in 2012?
Finishing the last page of a nice book is so much rewarding, so I thought to read more since January 2010 instead of wasting my time in front of the PC or TV. I read whatever I think might be interesting. Fiction or Nonfiction. Each book opens a new horizon. With the books you can travel around the world. ..... I just want to do something useful for myself.
I read English and German language. The ranking is from 1 (=very bad) through 10 (=excellent).

Sunday, January 31, 2010

4th book - "The mysterious flame of Queen Loana" - Umberto Eco - 6 points

Seriously Umberto? This 450 page book is full with pictures, kind of interesting idea. The last pages I had trouble to finish and I was laughing about it how boring it was. But again, I learned more about the Italian role in WWII and felt proud that I finished an Umberto Eco book.
I met Umberto in May 2008 when he signed another book for me.
Umberto Eco (*1932) is Italian.
First published: 2004 in Italian language "La misteriosa fiamma della regina Loana" - I read the 2006 first Harvest paperback edition from Harcourt (USA) - ISBN 0-15-603043-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive