40 books in 2010! 20 books in 2011! How many in 2012?
Finishing the last page of a nice book is so much rewarding, so I thought to read more since January 2010 instead of wasting my time in front of the PC or TV. I read whatever I think might be interesting. Fiction or Nonfiction. Each book opens a new horizon. With the books you can travel around the world. ..... I just want to do something useful for myself.
I read English and German language. The ranking is from 1 (=very bad) through 10 (=excellent).

Sunday, January 31, 2010

2nd book - "The Bad Girl" - Mario Vargas Llosa - 9 points

Oh Mario, you know how to talk about love! A story of a "bad girl" travelling around the world and an amazing "love of my life" story and how it can reward and destroy you.
Some locations: Peru, Paris, Madrid, Tokio.
I met Mario in May 2008 in Manhattan and he signed another book for me.
Mario Vargas Llosa (*1936) is from Peru.
First published: 2006 in Spanish language "Travesuras de la nina mala" - I read the first American 2007 hardcover edition from Farrar, Straus and Giroux (USA) - ISBN 978-0-374-18243-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive