40 books in 2010! 20 books in 2011! How many in 2012?
Finishing the last page of a nice book is so much rewarding, so I thought to read more since January 2010 instead of wasting my time in front of the PC or TV. I read whatever I think might be interesting. Fiction or Nonfiction. Each book opens a new horizon. With the books you can travel around the world. ..... I just want to do something useful for myself.
I read English and German language. The ranking is from 1 (=very bad) through 10 (=excellent).

Sunday, January 31, 2010

6th book - "The sun also rises" - Ernest Hemingway - 8 points

Finished within 2 days. Now I need to go to Pamplona and see bullfighting. Amazing how he describes the bull fighting event in Spain in the 1920s. I think now I really understand what it is all about. The book could also be called "Bad Girl" and it describes how men can suffer. What a coincidence that I saw the opera Carmen (also partly about bullfighting) at the MET-Opera the day I finished this book. The German title of this book is "Fiesta" --- Ernest Hemingway (*1899 - 1961) was awarded the Nobel Prize of Literature in 1954.
First published: 1926 in English language - I read the 1986 paperback edition from Collier Books MacMillan Publishing Company (USA) - ISBN 0-02-051870-6
I found this book in the trash on the streets of Manhattan with the receipt of $4.95 from 1990
Ernest Hemingway lived for some years in Key West, Florida. In 2007 I visited his house which is a museum nowadays. The covered balcony on the 2nd floor runs all around the house. This is kind of my dream house. blahblahblahblahblah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive